top of page
- Fri 17 Mar17FriMarEXHIBITION - 30 Years of Fringe Exhibition/Phee Broadway Foyer17 Mar, 6:10 pm – 08 Apr, 4:10 pmPhee Broadway Foyer, 212 Barker St, CastlemaineCastlemaine Fringe is 30!! Check out the photos and festival memorabilia from Fringe festivals from 1992 - present, with live music from the original Fringe Samba band! Opening Fri 17th March 6.00pm 17th March - 8th April - Open during library hours
- Fri 17 Mar17FriMarEXHIBITION - Ned Middleton/The Taproom17 Mar, 7:00 pm – 08 Apr, 7:00 pmThe Taproom, 1 Walker St, Castlemaine VIC 3450, AustraliaNed Middleton paints bright, larger than life paintings of his favourite pop stars. Applying a raw, unedited style to his painting. His works are bold, tough and amazing.
- Fri 17 Mar17FriMarART WINDOWS TRAIL 2023/Mount Alexander Shire17 Mar, 7:40 pm – 07 Apr, 5:00 pmMount Alexander Shire, Mount Alexander ShireThe Fringe 2023 Art Windows Trail features small works hidden in shop windows, installations taking over empty buildings, and art that transforms our streetscapes into a multitude of galleries. A list of artists and traders will be released on the 15th March at castlemainefringe.org.au/art-windows
- 17 Mar, 8:00 pm – 08 Apr, 8:00 pmNorthern Arts Hotel, 359 Barker St, CastlemaineFrank Veldze’s Gigantic Wall of Vision and Sound plus Another Roadside Attraction. A Multi-Function-Polis site, collegiate and open to new ideas. Free nightly.
- Sat 18 Mar18SatMarEXHIBITION - Stop 4/Lot 1918 Mar, 11:00 am – 03 Apr, 4:00 pmLot 19, 19 McShanag Drive, CastlemaineYou’ve arrived at a curious exhibition of four local artists. A perplexing journey to a destination of your imagination. Paintings, collages, ceramics, assemblage and prints in Castlemaine’s own art tram. Artists: Hazel PM Annear, Sally-Ann Charnock, Coupe and Teagan Niessen.
- Sat 18 Mar18SatMarEXHIBITION - Dare to Daydream/CASPA18 Mar, 11:00 am – 17 Apr, 4:00 pmCASPA, Above Stonemans Bookroom, 101 Mostyn St, CastlemaineDare to daydream is an interactive installation by Jody Galvin & Kerry Gilmartin. Rest underneath this piece while sweet musical sounds create an atmosphere to dreamily bliss out to, presented alongside mixed-media works from CASPA artists.
- Sat 18 Mar18SatMarEXHIBITION - Bill Gregory/Lot 1918 Mar, 11:00 am – 17 Apr, 3:00 pmLot 19, 19 McShanag Drive, CastlemainePassages - A survey 2007 - 2022 - a mixed media series of 22 works featuring off the wall 3D constructions of digital and constructed forms.
- Sat 25 Mar25SatMarEXHIBITION - The RedShed/The RedShed25 Mar, 12:00 pm – 09 Apr, 12:00 pmThe RedShed, Church St, NewsteadThe RedShed is the newest addition to Newstead thriving art community. With a range of exhibitions & workshops across the program. Check out www.redshed.art
- Thu 30 Mar30ThuMarMUSIC - Fringe After Parties - Sach Motee/CSF Big Top30 Mar, 9:00 pmCSF Big Top, Western Reserve, CastlemaineFringe After Parties at the Big Top. In partnership with the Castlemaine State Festival. Fri 24th March - Fringe Cabaret Hour 9pm Sun 26th March - Tina Rae 8pm / Pearl Doherty 9pm Thur 30th March - Sach Motee 9pm Fri 31st March - Poppy Cullen 9.30pm Thur 6th April - Shane Matts 9pm
- Fri 31 Mar31FriMarTHEATRE - Bliss Bombs Burlesque/CastlemaineBuy TicketsMultiple Dates31 Mar, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmCastlemaine, 8 Lyttleton Street, CastlemaineTongue-in-cheeky Comedy Cabaret from the queens of tease. The Bliss Bombs promise a sumptuous and hilarious night out - performing, song, dance and tease with lashings of vintage/retro costume, and cheeky comedy. $20
- 31 Mar, 7:30 pm – 10:00 pmThe Coolroom at the Northern Arts Hotel, 359 Barker St, CastlemaineBe transported to the sophisticated world of the palm court orchestra and jazz salons. The new piano and violin duet of Bernhard Boulton and Frances Gall will take you on a journey through light music from Edwardian times to the American musical. $20
- Fri 31 Mar31FriMarTHEATRE - The Black Cat/Phee Broadway Theatre31 Mar, 7:30 pmPhee Broadway Theatre, 212 Barker St, CastlemaineA quintessential production of a classsic tale by Edgar Allan Poe. Macabre and terrifying with rich, sumptuous language that is the hallmark of gothic literature. Brought to life by Glendon Blazely’s evocative music and Mark Penzak’s compelling acting. $25/$20
- Fri 31 Mar31FriMarTHEATRE - Red/Chewton Town HallBuy TicketsMultiple Dates31 Mar, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pmChewton Town Hall, 141 Main Rd, Chewton“ . . . I am pure sensation, pure emotion – WHAT?!! ‘Scuse me? What do you mean I’ve got the wrong ticket? What?” Performed by Bridget Haylock, Devised by Bev Geldard and Bridget Haylock. $30/$27
- Fri 31 Mar31FriMarMUSIC - Blondie / The Divinyls Tribute Show/The Taproom31 Mar, 7:30 pmThe Taproom, 1 Walker St, CastlemaineDon’t miss this tribute to the amazing rock legacy of Blondie and The Divinyls. A must see for fans of two of rock’s greatest performers, Debbie Harry and Chrissie Amphlett.
- Fri 31 Mar31FriMarIMPACT - The Scrabble Battle/The Salvage Yard31 Mar, 8:00 pm – 10:00 pmThe Salvage Yard, 6 Lewis Dr, CastlemaineA huge hit at Fringe 2021 the Scrabble Battle returns for more supersized fun! Register your team and place your mega-tiles on the giant projected board! A FUNdraiser for an amazing locally-based charity I AM SOMEONE that supports young people’s education and wellbeing. $20/$15
- Fri 31 Mar31FriMarMUSIC - Fringe After Parties - Poppy Cullen/CSF Big Top31 Mar, 9:30 pmCSF Big Top, Western Reserve, CastlemaineFringe After Parties at the Big Top. In partnership with the Castlemaine State Festival. Fri 24th March - Fringe Cabaret Hour 9pm Sun 26th March - Tina Rae 8pm / Pearl Doherty 9pm Thur 30th March - Sach Motee 9pm Fri 31st March - Poppy Cullen 9.30pm Thur 6th April - Shane Matts 9pm
- Sat 01 Apr01SatAprCycling without Age/Market Building Castlemaine01 Apr, 10:00 amMarket Building Castlemaine, 44 Mostyn St, CastlemaineAfter an industrious 5 years we have purchased a TRISHAW that will enable more Castlemaine residents to enjoy cycling! Please join us at the launch to see it in action! This programme is going to turn heads, make connections and serve many generations of our community, be part of it!
- 01 Apr, 11:00 am – 12:30 pmTheatre Royal, 30 Hargraves St, CastlemaineHilarious. A wonderfully outrageous, weird and absurd delight. One of the most distinctive Australian films of the year. $25/$22. Watch trailer at: https://youtu.be/ETS6Eq1ASuM
bottom of page